Britain’s Zach Wallace has won the FIH Hockey Pro League 2022-23 Poligras Magic Skill Award!
Earlier this month, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) and its global supplier Polytan had invited hockey fans from all around the world to make their voices heard by voting for their favourite skill from the FIH Hockey Pro League 2022/23 season!
Zach Wallace’s first-touch tomahawk volley goal received the highest number of votes.
“It’s a really nice award to win and I’m very grateful that fans around the world voted for it. I don’t know where the inspiration came from for this goal. I try out a lot of things in training and always try things like that. So, when the moment came in the game, I thought ‘why not? Let’s have a go!”, Zach Wallace said as he learnt about his win.
The 2022/23 season of the FIH Hockey Pro League was filled with twists and turns! It showcased hockey at its best, and gave us plenty of magical moments, the best of which were shortlisted as follows:
– First-touch tomahawk volley: Zach Wallace (GBR)* (Ranked 1st)
– Instinctual reflex scoop shot: Pien Sanders (NED)* (Ranked 2nd)
– Innovative 3d skills in shoot-out: Martin Ferreiro (ARG)* (Ranked 3rd)
– Stunning no-look overhead volley: Dilpreet Singh (IND)* (Ranked 4th)
– Reverse flick from an impossible angle: Zhong Jiaqi (CHN)* (Ranked 6th)
*Click on the hyperlink to watch the video of each skill